BD PosiFlush™ Heparin Lock Flush Syringes, 10 USP units/mL, 5 mL Fill, 306525
BD PosiFlush™ Heparin Lock Flush Syringes, 10 USP units/mL 5 mL Fill in 10 mL Syringe with
Brunt Plastic Cannula
BD pre-filled saline and heparin lock flush syringes are reliable, cost effective alternatives to vial-based flushing systems. BD saline and heparin flush syringes are specifically designed to reduce the risk of medication errors, lower the risk of catheter damage and reduce disposal costs.
BD PosiFlush™ Pre-Filled Saline and Heparin Syringes
Designed to Meet Your Needs
Click on the blue links below for videos describing the different BD PosiFlush product features.
- Greater visibility of syringe contents
- Bold print for clarity
- Color and bar coded for easy identification and verification
- Addresses The Joint Commission's requirement for medication labeling1
- Generates significantly lower pressure (PSI) compared to standard 3 mL syringes
- All sizes comply with PICC manufacturer flushing recommendations
- Selecting smaller size syringes(2, 3, 5 mL) for peripheral lines:
- Reduces storage and disposal costs
- Minimizes environmental waste
*Average reflux as measured in 4Fr PICC; data on file at BD.
1. The Joint Commission. 2008 National Patient Safety Goal Hospital Program.
Available at http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/NPSG_EPs_Scoring_HAP_20110706.pdf. Accessed November 7, 2011.
BD PosiFlush™ SureScrub™ Pre-Filled Syringe. The right tools to meet your clinical needs…right when you need them.
BD PosiFlush™ SureScrub™ includes the first alcohol pad cleared by the FDA for the disinfection of needleless connectors.
Increase clinical staff efficiency
- Optimize workflow by providing a co-packaged flush syringe and a sterile alcohol pad
- Conveniently placed items help staff to comply with hospital directives for standardized infection control
An evaluation of the top 6 needleless connectors was conducted to measure the reduction in microorganisms after disinfection with the BD PosiFlush™ SureScrub™ alcohol pad.
The microorganisms studied are among the most common causative agents of CRBSI. With a 5-second scrub time followed by a 5-second dry time in all 6 tests, the alcohol pad was able to reduce the microbial load with 95% confidence.
BD PosiFlush™ Pump-Compatible 10 mL Normal Saline Flush Syringe
The first pre-filled flush syringe to receive FDA 510(k) clearance with an indication for use including general compatibility with syringe pumps. (306547)
- Allows for standardization of 10 mL saline syringes across all departments including pediatric, neonatal and critical care settings.
- Works with your current pump settings to deliver a smooth, consistent flush.
BD PosiFlush™ Saline Syringes offer Positively ZERO Reflux*, which minimizes the potential for clotted catheters. It’s a concept that must be seen to be believed!
View a demonstration.
*Average reflux as measured in 4Fr PICC; data on file at BD.
There's just one choice for your flush syringes: BD PosiFlush Pre-Filled Syringes. The uniquely designed BD PosiFlush Syringe provides all the quality and reliability you've come to expect from BD.
BD PosiFlush Saline Syringes are the first syringes specifically designed for flushing applications.
- All three BD PosiFlush Saline Syringe sizes (3, 5 and 10 mL) come with a traditional 10 mL syringe diameter for optimal pressure distribution allowing the right amount of pressure to be delivered at all times.*
- Syringes are uniquely shaped to help reduce storage and disposal costs.
...for the optimal pressure distribution on the 1st flush.
BD PosiFlush Pre-Filled Saline Syringes offer all the benefits of traditional pre-filled syringes, plus unique features to enhance catheter maintenance protocols.
- All three sizes comply with PICC manufacturer flushing recommendations for 10 mL diameter syringes.*
- The BD PosiFlush 3 mL Saline Syringe generates a significantly lower P.S.I. compared to traditional 3 mL syringes due to standard 10 mL diameter.*
- BD PosiFlush Heparin Lock Syringes offer:
- Positively Zero Reflux
- This product does not contain natural rubber latex.*
- Color-coded labels, tip caps and packaging for easier identification.*
- Saline and heparin syringes come with clear labeling and a bar code on each syringe to reduce potential medication errors.
All BD PosiFlush Saline Syringes feature a 10 mL syringe diameter for optimal pressure distribution. Using any BD PosiFlush Saline Syringe assures compliance with PICC manufacturer recommendations for flushing with a 10 mL diameter syringe.
BD PosiFlush™ SF Saline Flush Syringe
Positively Sterile Field-Ready
Bring the unique advantages of the groundbreaking BD PosiFlush Saline Syringe right into your sterile environment.
The BD PosiFlush SF Saline Syringe is terminally sterilized in its peel pouch, which means it can
be aseptically presented to any sterile field - just peel and present.
The standard 10mL syringe diameter of the new BD PosiFlush SF Saline Syringe optimizes pressure distribution and fully complies with PICC manufacturer flushing recommendations.
And you can count on its unique plunger rod design to significantly reduce reflux.*
In addition, clear labeling and bar coding significantly improve solution visibility and reduce the potential for medication errors.*
And, of course, the PosiFlush SF Saline Syringe does not contain natural rubber latex*.
The BD PosiFlush SF Saline Syringe - all of the quality and product reliability you've come to expect
BD PosiFlush™ Pre-Filled Heparin Lock Flush Syringes
New BD PosiFlush Heparin Lock Flush Syringes have color-coded labels for easy identification. They are available in two concentrations (10 USP units per mL and 100 USP units per mL) and come in a variety of sizes and fill volumes to complement your catheter maintenance practice.
BD Posiflush Heparin Lock Flush Syringe Features:
Heparin Lock Flush Syringe, 10 Units/mL, 5mL Fill in 10mL Syringe, Blunt Plastic Cannula, 30/bx, 4 bx/cs
Unit of Measure:Case
Pharmacy Product Type:Non-Rx
National Drug Code:Not Available
Pharmacy Product Type:
Country of Origin:Not Available
Unit Weight UOM:lb
Dimensions: 12.00 x 12.00 x 12.00 Height x Width x Length (inches)
Harmonized Tariff Code:Not Available
Hazmat Class :Not Available
Hazmat Code:Not Available