Alere BinaxNOW® Strep A Kit, 730-025
BinaxNOW® Strep A
The BinaxNOW® Strep A Test is a rapid immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Streptococcus pyogenes Group A antigen from throat swab specimens to aid in the diagnosis of Group A pharyngitis. BinaxNOW® Strep A Test utilizes a simple to use on board extraction system.
- Rapid Response: Yields results in 6 minutes.
- Accurate: Treat and test with confidence.
- Flexible: Results while patient waits.
- Simplicity: Onboard extraction.
- Effective: Enables prompt and appropriate antibiotic therapy, thus reducing the course of the illness, lessening the severity of symptoms, and reducing the chances of further spread or complications.
- Method: Lateral Flow
- Time to Result: 6 minutes
- Sample Type: Throat swab
- Storage: 15°C - 30°C
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacture
- Sensitivity: 92%
- Specificity: 100%
- Kit Size: 25 Tests
- Kit Contents:
- 25 Test Units
- 25 Sterile swabs
- Reagent 1 (sodium nitrite)
- Reagent 2 (acetic acid)
- Positive Control swab
- 1 package Insert
- Other: CE Marked, FDA approved CLIA waived; Available in 11 languages
Strep A Test Kit, Results in 5 Minutes, 25 test/kit
Manufacturer:Alere Point Of Care
Unit of Measure:Kit
Pharmacy Product Type:Non-Rx
National Drug Code:Not Available
Pharmacy Product Type:
Country of Origin:Not Available
Unit Weight UOM:lb
Dimensions: 3.40 x 6.30 x 8.40 Height x Width x Length (inches)
Harmonized Tariff Code:Not Available
Hazmat Class :Not Available
Hazmat Code:Not Available